Animal Control

Dog in Temporary KennelResponsibilities

The City of Troy animal control officer is charged with the responsibility of responding to calls for service ranging from stray animals to investigations of cruelty to animals. The officer may bring the animal to a temporary kennel or animal shelter where the animals are held for a certain time before being returned to their owners, turned over to Madison County, or released back into the wild.

Animal control is also responsible for investigating incidents of human contact with both wild and domestic animals, such as bites. They may work with the Madison County Animal Control or other state agencies in the facilitation of animal related issues.

Animal Complaints

If you have an immediate animal complaint, contact the Troy Police Department at 618-667-6731. For additional animal control inquiries, contact Community Service Officer Scott Lawson at 618-667-6741 ext. 555.