Troy is centrally located in the St. Louis Metro East area with a strong and educated workforce, affordable and welcoming neighborhoods, quality local schools, and quick access to area interstates.
City of Troy
- 2010 Population - 9,888
- Median Household Income - $65,556
- Median Home Value - $172,500
- Percentage growth from 2000 to 2010 - 16.0%
- Mean travel time to work - 26.3 minutes
- Bachelor's degree or higher (persons age 25-plus) - 23.1%
View more information on the City of Troy demographics.
- 2010 Population - 269,282
- Percentage growth from 2000 to 2010 - 4.0%
- Median household income - $51,941
- Mean travel time to work - 24.3 minutes
- Bachelor's degree or higher (persons age 25-plus) - 23%
View more information on Madison County demographics.
Area Labor Force
- Troy, IL - 7,808
- Madison County, IL - 213,687
- St. Louis Metropolitan Area - 1,437,268
2010 Population 25-plus by Educational Attainment
- High School Graduate - 30.5%
- Some College, No Degree - 27.0%
- Associate Degree - 9.9%
- Bachelor's Degree - 15.3%
- Graduate / Professional Degree - 7.8%
Employment / Industry
Troy is served by one high school, one middle school, two elementary schools in public education and one parochial grade school.