The City Clerk’s Office performs those duties mandated by state and local laws, serving the City Council and the general public.
The City Clerk’s Office performs all duties related to City Council including agenda preparation, meeting notices, maintains custody of official records, books, and other documents, attests to the validity of public records and official municipal enactments.
The clerk is the custodian of the city seal and shall affix its impression on documents whenever required.
The following are duties of the City Clerk's Office:
- Custodian of the city seal
- Notary for the public and employees
- Prepare notices and agendas for council meetings, special meetings, and all others required
- Notify county clerk regarding individuals required to file the Statement of Economic Interest
- Election authority and deputy registrar
- Maintain codification of all ordinances and resolutions
- File with the county offices tax levies, annexations, and other documents that need filed
- Administers oaths for elected and appointed persons
- Solicitors permits
- Other duties as needed
Hunting / Fishing Licenses & Info now available through the Administration Dept.
- Illinois Department of National Resources
- Fishing licenses
- Hunting licenses
- Books and applications
- Deer pins for bow and shot gun